Why should a mains filter be used?
The power grid is getting more and more polluted by disturbances!
– The more devices are connected to the mains, the more disturbances occur.
– EMC interference due to switching power supplies
– More and more feed-in systems, more and more inverters
– Modulations on the power grid, e.g. by power adapters
– Technically incorrect installations
– Insufficient grounding etc.
This “interference fog” has a massive and audible effect on high-quality music systems. All devices are usually equipped with overvoltage protection but no mains filter, as proper filters are very expensive. Especially in cities with high mains loads, you can no longer do without a mains filter!
Damping according to CISPR 17:
- Loadable up to 1400 Watt
- 1 kHz = 0.5 dB
5 kHz = 20 dB
10 kHz = 38 dB
100 kHz = 85 dB
Overvoltage protection 8000 A / 25 ns